Sunday 6 April 2014

March Favourites

The month of March has whizzed by just as quickly as the rest of 2014 and while it was a month full of hard work, there have also been extreme highs and all round enjoyment! 

It was a month of film in the life of Amy. Here are my top three favourites: 
1. It started of with the Lego Movie. It is ultimately a cartoon dystopia, were the lead character is completely normal but ends up saving the day! I came out full of such happiness, due to the emotive message and catchy songs! It reinforces the message that everyone is special and I just love that 'everything is awesome' 
2. Frozen. Full stop. End of story. The story, the songs, the everything! Olaf is the cutest thing ever and I perhaps know every single lyric, if you have not seen this movie go run and find it now 
3. On a perhaps more mature note, I finally managed to watch The Butler. It was a truly inspiring film portraying over 70 years of american civil rights History through the eyes of Cecil Gaines; who grew up on a cotton plantation and becomes a Butler to several Presidents in America. It demonstrates the importance of politics, morals, war, friends and most importantly family all within a fascinating historical setting. 

Also, this month I have fully embraced and utilised Spotify, creating multiple playlists for every occasion! It's a great way to listen to an artists album before making the plunge of purchasing it on iTunes or with the phone app just listening to songs on shuffle non-stop! I've also loved finding some of my favourite old school tunes by listening to other people's playlists and suggestions. My current favourite thing to do is to add any song that I hear out and about- no matter the genre, artist or release date to a 'jams' playlist. It's created such a diverse setlist, with continuous tracks that I enjoy. I would a hundred percent recommend that you all experiment with my little Spotify friend. 

On the note of music, I have been smiling like a Cheshire cat due to the success of 5 Seconds of Summer this month; they've performed sold out shows, announced new music and be running around frantically doing PR. Their debut single was number 1 in the UK and Australia last week and I'm sure it shall have similar success worldwide. Personally I'm a much bigger fan of the songs on the EP than the single 'She Looks So Perfect' so if the song that you've perhaps heard on the radio hasn't floated your boat maybe check out some of the other tracks.  https://itunes.apple.com/gb/artist/5-seconds-of-summer/id538811449

I love a good TV drama series and The Musketeers on BCC1 has been no exception! The series final occurred this Sunday evening and I honestly do not know what I'm going to do with myself! It is set in 1630 combing action, love and plotting; to create a stunning tale! Though completely historically inaccurate it does make a thrilling watch and you can catch the whole series on BBC iplayer back to backhttp://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p00sxqkd/The_Musketeers_Friends_and_Enemies/

Also, I have developed a bizarre and passionate obsession with unicorns, with the thought of them just bringing me genuine joy! I have wanted to encompass this into all aspects of life and luckily the shops have provided. My personal favourite would be a pair of unicorn and rainbow patterned pajamas from Primark. Though I have seen similar items in the form of bags, jumpers, t-shirts and phone cases dotted about most high street stores; which I've had to try and avoid snapping up with excitment.    

Finally, this winter I have decided to take the fashion plunge and just buy the items I love, as opposed to being concerned about other people's opinions! Since doing so have I not only felt a lot more confident in my outfits but, the compliments of my clothing have gone through the roof! This months love is these .... shoes from Topshop. I've found them so versatile to wear, with the flat heel making them perfect for walks, day adventures and gigs, being a great alternative in the comfort stakes to converse. The shoe style makes them perfect for little skirts or dresses, being capable of being dressed up or down being a nice little alternative to a heeled boot- ooohh fancy! http://www.topshop.com

So that is what I've been loving this month! Let me know what you've been enjoying or if you have any suggestions of what I should be checking out

Peace Out my Lovelies xxx

Blogging Track: Millionaire Dollar Bill- Whitney Houston 

2 comments:

  1. The Lego Movie is the best!! Everything Is Awesome :D

    Christina
    http://kissesandflowers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frozen, i just cant stop watching it
    http://josiejanex.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete