Tuesday 15 April 2014

You Me At Six: Cavalier Youth Tour

YOU.ME.AT.SIX... I have no words after seeing them on the 5th of April; because in a quick summary they were flaming brilliant! 

The atmosphere was electric with the sweaty crowds enthusiasm in Ally Pally being comparable to Reading Festival! We had people on each other's shoulders and shirts off! There were mosh pits, surges and jumping beyond belief, with a crowd that I don't think could get any better! A highlight has to be when the whole crowd crouched down on the floor ready to jump- just picture 10,4000 people squished like mushrooms on the floor- 
insanity I tell you! 

Personally I think one of the key reasons why this is perhaps one of my favourite gigs ever is the support acts, Young Kato and Don Broco. I was so excited to see Don Broco and you could tell the crowd was too, with the lads controlling the crowd from the moment they walked on stage; a huge rarity for support bands. For me this meant I wasn't just there to see one act but instead two of my
favourite bands! OLAY

YMAS' setlist had the right combination of old and new songs, meeting the crowds demands and needs, with a nice couple of glitter cannons thrown into the mix too! The crowd knew every word, to every song- I don't think we even needed Josh to sing the words, we could have powered on with Dan, Matt, Max and Chris playing the sweet music. 

The combination of a brilliant setlist, an energetic crowd and a band as great as You Me At Six equaled a phenomenal evening!!

Peace Out My Lovelies xx 

Song of the week: You Wanna Know- Don Broco 

1 comment: