Sunday 20 April 2014

Employment


I am officially a working girl HOLA! I am earning real life living money, it may be the minimum wage of £3.72 an hour (I am aware that's rubbish) but, that is a whole £3.72 more than what I was previously earning! 

This is the first time in my life that I will have my own money! I shall no longer feel guilty spending my parents cash when going out because I will hopefully have a stash that is all mine! However, I have already warned my parents that they're going to be paying for the majority of my life such as, public transport and necessary clothing because otherwise this whole me working situation for extra money is pointless, because train fares are extortionate now days I tell you! 

My road to part-time employment  was a rough one as I'm sure you've all experienced. I spent months looking for suitable openings and then when I applied I was either too young or lacked experience. I am still bamboozled on how I was meant to gain experience if no one offered me a job, but hey hoe we've moved on from that point and are now in a job, which so far seems okay- and by this I mean I don't dread going to work- yet! 
I am already dreaming of my first pay check next week and I think I might frame it, I'm that proud of getting a job! It also fits my life perfectly, with me only working every Saturday and then loads in holidays, meaning it won't affect my education *nods with knowing eyes* or hopefully my superb blogging skills eehhh. 

In the three weeks I've worked there, in my opinion, I've already become a pro at working the till, answering the phone and giving dirty looks to rude customers! Look at me a grown women! 
What's been your guys most recent step into the big wide world? Have you changed school, got your driving licence or moved house? What was your first job like? let me know...

Last but, not least Happy Easter and peace out my lovelies, I hope you are all drowning in chocolate wrappers like me! xxx

Track of the week: Living Louder- The Cab (and all the albums) 

2 comments:

  1. You just cracked me up with that first picture! haha :D
    And thank G, I'm not the only one who wonders about "get experience before I get experience" thing.
    And that idea of framing your first check - is not such bad idea after all! ;)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, pleased you enjoyed my blog :))

      Delete