Tuesday 29 April 2014

Is the world all fluffy clouds and rainbows?


You know when you get into the shower, loving life, nothing on your mind, singing like you have the voice of Whitney Houston and suddenly boom! Your mind begins racing at 1000 miles per/hour and you can actually picture the thoughts swirling round your head while you try to snatch at each one but, obviously because you’re in the shower these aren’t any normal thoughts. Instead you begin to contemplate the meaning of life, is everyone actually evil? ….

It starts of on a small personal scale and by the time your onto conditioning you are beginning to assess the whole world. Like it’s evident on both a small and large scale that not everyone’s nice. People have different opinions, likes and dislikes- that’s cool, that what makes the world as exciting and vibrant as it is but, sometimes people should just shush. On a simple teenage scale, I do not understand for the life of me why people create hate hashtags or nasty rumours on Twitter. These are usually aimed at specific subcultures, fandoms or celebrities. But, it’s so easy to forget on the internet that these are all real people, who will see and read peoples comments. If you have a justified reason for disliking a person, song, video, book, policy, world view- then go for it, everyone’s entitled to their own opinion. But, I think everyone has to be careful about aimlessly throwing around mean comments. Why would be create trends such as #killbieber or #dieharrystyles, there is no reason or behind such abuse. Yes, they may have made mistakes but, at the end of the day their human beings who have made mistakes and I cannot imagine what it would be like to read comments such as that about yourself. Also the rumours we hear about them in the media is probably less than half of the story and also generally none of our business so why care?

But, then in the shower I realise that the people who perhaps get caught up in these, I have no better way of putting it, rude hashtags, can also be a part of something beautiful online. Over the last week Twitter has helped to raise over £3 million for Teenage Cancer Trust, with people spreading the message about Stephen Sutton. But, also that I have no right to judge people’s online opinion either because I have no understanding of their life, similar to that lack of knowledge around a ‘celebrity.’ There may be a reason behind their anger or in reality they could be exactly the same as me, bursting full of rainbows and unicorns ;) So perhaps as Sirius Black most kindly put it, "We've all got both light and dark inside of us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are."

So I emerge from the shower and this blog post exactly as I started, back to square one because every time I have a debate with myself I end up creating a complete circle in my opinion, which in my view demonstrates what a great debater I truly am. Now I did have a lot more serious and earth shattering thoughts this evening but, for some reason this blog post took me down this pointless avenue; so we shall save my other revolutionary comments for another time.


Peace Out My Lovelies xxx  

Track of the week: we're still riding the love of The Cab, most specifically LaLa 

No comments:

Post a Comment