Wednesday 6 August 2014

Summer Dreams #4

21st July- 30th July: Get out of your comfort zone 

I am a talker. If someone appears vaguely interested in what I've got to say then I can ramble on for minutes hours years. However, I have a distinct fear of meeting new people. I realise that my panic is often ridiculous because at the end of the day, I am a rather confident and loud individual but, that does not stop me from bricking it. I have to force myself to go out in these situations and I am always overjoyed that I forced myself to go because, 95% of the time making new pals is amazing!



This week it was my best friends birthday party. I know her from primary school but, we have since gone to different schools; which meant I knew nobody at this event- especially as my plus one bailed on me last minute. I obviously forced myself to go like the trooper I am,  with the comfort that I could always go and hide with her mum upstairs. But, I did not need to worry, after ignoring the slightly awkward start, mingling was easy enough and I soon found some new BFFL's- proven in the fact that we have since followed each other on Twitter. 



Now obviously you guys do not need to do something as extreme as rocking up somewhere and not knowing anyone, because although I had a great time I am quite happy to not repeat the event. But, summer is a time for trying new things and meeting new people. When going out perhaps try not just sitting with your old pals, go and chat with someone new. Alternatively wear something that you wouldn't normally or go on an adventure. Summer was designed to make memories but, the only way to truly do that is to get out of your comfort zone and perhaps even be a little reckless. 

Peace Out My Lovelies xxx

Track of the week: Heart and Soul- Twin Atlantic 

'Summer Dreams' Series so far: 
http://theamygill.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/summer-dreams.html
http://theamygill.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/summer-dreams-1.html
http://theamygill.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/summer-dreams-2.html
http://theamygill.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/summer-dreams-3.html

2 comments:

  1. Feel this post was super relevant, as uni approaches. Dreading the fact we're going to somewhere completely new and are literally being left to fend for ourselves. We're basically like Bear Grills... just in halls.

    See I'm also a talker, like seriously I never shut up, so as soon as i'm with new people verbal diarrhea takes over. Which isn't the best. Feeling sorry for my future flatmates.

    Loooovin the post, fabfabfab material/topic/whatever.

    Becs xx

    Beckylafeo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! I just keep telling myself that we will all be in the same boat and hopefully drunk so it can't be that bad, right??
      Also thank you for the kind words about my blog, your comments always bring me a little bit of hope xx

      Delete