Wednesday 30 July 2014

Summer Essentials 2014

Everywhere this week on blogs and vlogs I have been seeing peoples suggestions on how to survive this glorious weather that we are surprisingly experiencing in the UK at the moment. So I thought I would give you my top 5 lifestyle, beauty and fashion tips for Summer.



1. Urban decay eye primer is a must have for me. I am a lover of eye make up but, due to my oily skin and the outside elements I had always found that my eyeshadow and eyeliner either creased or smudged. The Urban decay eye primer completely eradicated that problem and keeps my make up looking mighty fine come rain, snow or shine.

2. As mentioned above I suffer with oily skin which in turn can sometimes make my face look like a mirror; especially in this heat. I used to be constantly reapplying powder but, sometimes it simply just didn't do the trick or I looked slightly caked in make up. However, this summer I made the revolutionary purchase of Superdrugs own brand 'shine remover tissues.' They basically feel like tissue paper which you wipe across your face, absorbing the excess oil and massively reducing shine. This either means you don't need to powder at all or gives you the perfect surface to add a little powder while still looking natural.

3. Water. An age old essential for summer. I always carry a bottle around in my bag, meaning that I am always hydrated but also means I don't need to waste my money on something that is ultimately free.



4.  Now although we are experiencing marvellous temperatures in the South of England, it does not mean that there has been an absence of rain. There has been incredible thunder storms and living in the UK, lets be honest you can never be to far from a shower. I always carry an umbrella in my handbag just as a precaution and you would be surprised how often it requires use.


5. Sunglasses solve all kind of problems and could perhaps be one of my favourite things about summer. They automatically add style to an outfit, as well as obviously protecting your precious little eyes from those nasty sun beams. They can also be used as a source of deception- didn't have time to do your make up? Not a problem; just whack some shades on and nobody would know the different! Didn't want to style your hair? Use the sunglasses to push your hair back. Stylish, simple and protective! 


I would love to hear your summer staples in the comments! I am not used to these extended periods of heat and while I am loving every single second, any tips would be useful 

Peace Out My Lovelies xxx

Track of the week: Heart- It's War

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha love the sunglasses tip ;)
    I tagged you to do the Liebster Awards tag, make sure you go and do it :) x
    itsrhin.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! I will do it soon, thanks for tagging me!! xx

    ReplyDelete