Tuesday 1 July 2014

Summer Dreams


The summer holidays have officially arrived for those of us in the UK who have finished exams. I think I can state this for myself and everyone in my year that the summer holidays have been our focus point since about January. They were a source of hope, happier and care free times during the never ending cycle of homework, coursework and exams. But, now that I basically have 3 months of not doing much, I feel at a bit of a loss.

Yes, I have a part-time job, driving lessons, parties, birthdays and just general chilling with my friends to pack my life with but, there is also the fact that I watched the whole first series of Games of Thrones in about 4 days (its bloody brilliant if you were wondering.) I can’t help but twiddle my thumbs and wonder what I’m meant to do on those quiet days when I no longer have a distinctive overwhelming focus in my life. I’m currently in a period of limbo of having completed my exams and waiting till the dreaded results day in August to see if I get the results I need to get into university.


As I’ve mentioned before, people always tell you that being ‘young’ is the best part of your life and although I shall always disagree, believing that life is what you make it, I still want to make the most of these extensive holidays because it is unlikely that I will ever be in this marvellous situation again; in terms of money, friendships, time and freedom.

The holidays are always full of distinctive highs, I can already list a series of highlights in the 2 weeks I’ve been free but, as lame as this sounds it can be very hard to find ‘fun’ or ‘different’ things to make life long memories. Don’t get me wrong just hanging around a friend’s house or sitting in the park can defiantly lead to incredible times but, they can often become repetitive and my summer currently has as much structure as this blog post (aka not much)
 So if you guys have any ideas of fun things to do whether they are big or small please let me know! I am all for trying new things- going on adventures, becoming creative or being as whacky as can be but, I need some help to fulfil my summer dreams. I reckon we can help each other out! Perhaps if we all post about fun summer experiences throughout the holidays, whenever they occur, we can then all have different ideas and influence each other having a grand old time.

I may start a weekly events update, so I can hopefully give you guys some ideas and you guys give me some ideas but, don’t hold you breathe because I will probably give up!

Peace Out My Lovelies xxx

Track of the week: ‘End Up Here’ from 5 Seconds of Summer’s debut self-titled album which I cannot actually believe is out to the world and you lads should defiantly check out!



5 comments:

  1. Thank you for commenting on my blog, your comment was so sweet.
    As for summer ideas, it's really up to you, what you want and what you seek.
    Personally I love adventures, placing myself in a city or town I don't know and just explore it with my friends.
    This doesn't have to be far from home. It could even be the next town. A different place can change things up easily.
    And there's nothing wrong with watching 4 seasons of Game of Thrones in 2 days, because it is amazing!
    I think the key is to do things just a bit different. Like don't pick your regular ice cream, but opt for one you've never tried before. Or go and eat in a restaurant you've never been before. Also being crazy helps. Climb a tree, jump in the sea, in the middle of the night, or play on a playground pretending your 5 years old.
    What I do to make my summer memorable is taking pictures. Just carry a small camera in your handbag and take pictures of those moments. A mobile phone would suffice, but I just prefer a real camera (:
    At the end of the summer you could print the photos and hang them in your bedroom, so you can always look back on it.
    I hope this helped you a little bit, don't think it will, but I gave it my best try.
    Have a great holiday!

    Xx Anne
    www.sickchicksblog.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, didn't notice my comment was that long..

      Delete
    2. Thanks for looking at my blog and writing such a helpful comment! That is defiantly going to be my aim for summer, I've always been a person to document everything through pictures and putting them up on my wall is great idea; especially as I'll be moving to uni in October

      Delete
  2. I'm the same! After all the stress of exams you want to finish and make it the best summer ever but once it get's to it you're a bit stuck on what to do! I would just try and organise fun days out with you're friends, it can be as simple as riding somewhere on your bikes and taking a picnic or being a tourist in your own city doing things you wouldn't normally do as a local.

    I hope you don't mind but I've tagged you in a Q&A tag over on my blog, perhaps you could look through them if your ever at a loose end!
    I hope you really enjoy the summer!

    http://hannahmadam.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for tagging me in the Q&A, I'm going to answer it in the next week hopefully! So maybe you can pop back and have a look soon x

      Delete