Saturday 16 August 2014

I am a university student

You are now reading a blog written by a university student. Yes, you read that right, I only bloody well got into my first choice university!!

Results day has been a looming black cloud this summer and to say that Thursday 14th August 2014 was a day that would determine the rest of my future, was no small exaggeration. Yes, I know university is not the be all and end all of life but, it was something that I desperately wanted to do and having no back up plans meant that I was lacking any other options. So the build up to D-day was rather intense, shown by the fact that when I logged onto UCAS track at 7:45am I burst into snot filled tears instantly. 


Results day could have gone either way 
I am going to be attending a Russel Group university, studying a subject that I love and moving out of home in just over a month- something that I had never truly expected to happen. I was ready and waiting to go through clearing; having googled 'what is clearing' and downloading the Telegraph's app. It is surreal that the work of the last 2 years has paid off and my goal has been achieved. 

I didn't actually achieve my required grades gaining ABB instead of the desired AAB but, I couldn't give a hoot to be perfectly honest with you because the end goal was achieved. I am ready to go on this exciting journey and obviously bring you guys along with me. 



How did your results day? Good luck if you're awaiting your GCSE grades next week or any other results, I  shall say a little pray for you all. 

Peace Out My Lovelies xxx

Track of the week: Last Night- The Vamps 

8 comments:

  1. That's so brilliant that you got into your first choice - well done!! I was very happy with my results but I am dreading next year's ones!! Last Night by the Vamps is soo good - I listened to it non stop whilst revising for my Modern Studies exam!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! If you've done well this year I am sure you will do amazing next year; people normally do better in second year xx

      Delete
  2. CONGRATS!! Knew you could do it, I got my first choice too! Here's to no clearing and officially being uni students!!!

    Becs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations!! Thank god all this stress is finally over xx

      Delete
  3. Wow congrats, I'm so happy for you! :) I also got my first choice! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done, now the adventures can really begin! xx

      Delete
  4. Congratulations, I've written a blog post about what to take to university and some tips on where to buy things that might be useful
    http://sophievictoriax.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/what-to-take-to-university.html
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was seriously helpful! I have literally bought nothing at the moment and had no idea what I needed to buy xx

      Delete