Sunday 9 March 2014

What a glorious day...


I always admire the British spirit and attitude, there is a 'British' way to do anything- from queuing in a line with the right amount of sass, the determination to never make eye contact with strangers, always having a roast on a Sunday no matter the weather and making sure you perfect the correct angry tone while still being polite!  

 Our little island is a moaning population and if there isn't anything that springs to mind to moan about, we shall instead discuss the weather! My whole twitter timeline today is full of people declaring what a 'glorious' day it is because the sun is out and it's a groundbreaking 16°C. There may still be puddles on the floor from the torrential rain that has hovered over us for the last 2 months but, that is nothing but a distant memory today! Every person on my street has whacked their lawnmower out to cut the grass, the washing is on the line and people are walking around in shorts! Obviously, I am no exception I'm sitting in my garden typing this blog post getting my much needed source of Vitamin D, we've got to embrace what we've got while we have it my friends. To any other nation this would probably wouldn't even be mentioned in passing conversation but for good old blighty this is the time of hope, that winter is finally over!  

 Of course it'll all be over by tomorrow probably when the rain will undoubtedly return or we shall begin to complain that it is far too hot! Remember, we live in Britain- we are therefore not prepared for rain, snow or the sun- basically we can not deal with any form of weather but, hey that's what we love about the place! Go outside my little cherubs and embrace the sunshine, yelling to anyone who will listen about 'what a wonderful day it is'  

 Peace Out My Lovelies xxx

Blogging Song: Rather Be Feat. Jess Glynee- Clean Bandit 


4 comments:

  1. Hi Amy (:
    I've read through a few of your posts and how is it that you can blog so accurately about being a British person!?! Look forward to reading more of your posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In Poland a lot of people talk about weather too because it changes everyday

    vanillia96.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaa, I think its because I analyse everything in life! Looking forward to reading more of your comments perhaps! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha I've definitely noticed British people are really polite! Those tweets are hilarious. Makes us Americans seem like terrible people loll. Your blog is adorable! :)

    x Dayo

    ReplyDelete