Wednesday 5 March 2014

5 Seconds of Awesome

I don’t mean to be dramatic but, last night I think I danced and laughed not only my socks but, probably my shoes off as well. Yes, it was the evening I have been looking forward to and that is… *drum roll please*… the 5 Seconds of Summer gig at O2 Academy Shepherd’s Bush Empire and dam they did not disappoint- like they ever would, honestly don’t be so cynical *cough* still patiently waiting for their debut album *cough.* If you guys don’t know who they are then I’m disappointed in you *disapproving head shake* but, here is a blog post from November when I saw them in Camden which gives a little overview of the life of 5sos: http://gilly15.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/5-seconds-of-summer.html


My own picture, yes you could call me a professional
Now if my excessive use of stage directions were not enough of a giveaway, I had a rather fab time with my best buds making stupid jokes on the tube, in McDonalds and at the venue before singing and dancing our little hearts out to a pretty snazzy set list. We were treated to the old classics and by old I mean having been out for just over a year because remember these Aussie lads are still the new kids on the block. As well as, new songs from the She Looks So Perfect EP *screams with excitement* which were honestly on a completely different scale of greatness and not forgetting two of their famous covers! (Teenage Dreams and  What I Like About You)

A picture to prove my excitement over a bloody cup
Not only was the set list strong but, so was every other aspect from hair game to the atmosphere. The crowd was ready to go as soon as the opening act, Mike Dignam, sang his opening note and was electric for the rest of the evening, with the 5SOS fam even knowing the words to the new songs! I may have only seen their four little faces from a distance, because boy was the crowd formed by some of the tallest girls in London, but they looked like they were enjoying the show just as much as we were! And if this was not enough excitement for one evening I got a Lego Movie Cup from McDonald’s which perhaps tipped my enthusiasm levels slightly over the edge (my sincerest apologies to anyone who was in the same carriage as me on the train because in hindsight I am aware that I was yelling the whole evening but, at least you gained a plot synopsis of The Lego Movie and my Driving Lesson hey!)

Although I had a grand old time unfortunately I am now in that stage of post-concert blues where I am sat in bed curled up like a toasty burrito and where by a trillion episodes of Keeping Up With the Kardashians, The Musketeers or Mr Selfridge cannot solve the emptiness left after a gig. But, we shall all have to troop on with our lives and wait until next month to see You Me At Six *begins to smile like a Cheshire cat.* Nonetheless, in order to see me through this tough month of no live music and not knowing when I’m going to see the lads live again, if any of you have any good recordings from Shepard’s Bush (03.03.14) please send them over in my direction because I will receive them with open arms!

Peace Out My Lovelies xxx

PS. My reference to ‘lads’ means 5 Seconds of Summer but, obviously in my mind we are best friends so can talk like that

She Looks So Perfect Music Video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2BYmmTI04I

Blog Writing Song of the Week: Naïve by The Kooks- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OaNh69u1mQ

5 comments:

  1. 5 SECONDS OF SUMMMEEERRR! I can't believe they're coming to perform literally 30 minutes away from me and I won't get to see them :( Oh wellll, I'll get to see them in August as they're opening for One Direction again whheeeeyyyy
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you raised your pinky when you drank from it, being very much british and all that :P x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok so the other day I think I wrote a comment but maybe I did not publish it (silly me...)
    Really loved this post and the other one also about 5SOS. I'm so happy you got to see them, it's amazing and it seems like you had a lot of fun! Concerts are awesome :')
    I'll read your other posts when I don't have exams :((

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to reply on my blog and yours because I didn't get a notification from you replying to my comment haahaa! Hopefully you get to see them soon! Agreed! I can't wait to look at the rest of your blog as well x

      Delete
    2. Hahah it's okay! I hope so, I need to see them :) Aw thank you xx

      Delete