Monday 13 January 2014

The 1975

What other way is there to deal with the doom and gloom of January and finish the first week of school with? Going to a gig of course! I with a stack of friends, trundled along the whole Victoria Line to see The 1975 at the Brixton O2 Academy and boy they didn’t disappoint, nor did the venue for that matter.

 It was nice to see this breakthrough act of 2013 properly in concert. I went and had a listen at Reading, and it was only a listen at that because I was ten rows outside the actual tent; showing how popular they have become. The crowd was loving the constant switch of sound The 1975’s set provides and was continuously bobbing along and swaying those hips! The support acts where pretty dandy too including Swim and Alice Wolf. A nice part of the set was when Max Heely went up to the seating area and you could hear everyone up their fangirl and obviously feeling the reaction of everyone to the hits such as Girls, Chocolate and Sex. 

 This was the first time I had been to the Brixton Academy and it was such a beautiful venue but, the best thing is the slopping floor. It meant wherever you stand there is an awesome view of the stage, even if you’re as unfortunate as me and always end up standing behind some 6ft guy. Also, because it’s an O2 venue if you’re an O2 customer you get instant entry with 3 friends, cancelling out the hours of queuing required for most standing gigs, with the added bonus of free cloakroom with priority moments. This was defiantly an example of simple pleasures in life because I was buzzing about these privileges.

 Every time I see a new act in concert or attend a new venue, I feel a sense of accomplishment. I’m finally broadening my London knowledge and can feel my confidence growing in discovering the world! So don’t be scared about going somewhere you don’t know, take the leap of faith because you’ll be sure to have a great time! So go book or plan an adventure people- preferably a gig- because that’s the best type of adventure! 

 Peace Out My Lovelies xxx

2 comments:

  1. I love the 1975!
    Make sure to check out my blog!
    majotron.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like that too when I go to a gig I feel like I've been a part of something, like an adventure! Me and my friends are going to roadtrip around America watching bands so hopefully that will be good.
    thetomboyslife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete