Sunday 26 January 2014

'Music speaks what cannot be expressed'




I’ve finally got round to updating my iTunes and Spotify library instead of just listening to the Radio or the same old music. I am super excited to listen to some of my favourite artist’s albums everyday because I feel I’ve been missing out for so long! It’s a job that’s been on the bottom of my to-do list for months and I finally had time to organise my collection.

My first port of call was ‘Days Are Gone’ by Haim. I loved the sound of them from the moment I heard their first single. They’re songs you can wiggle your hips too and it’s so unique to have 3 girls playing instruments and writing their own songs. I feel sassy after listening to their album, without having to turn to the Pop divas of the world.

Next was the one and only Arctic Monkeys, I was amazed at how many songs I knew from their album ‘AM’ when I looked at the track list. Throughout 2013 I wasn’t that fused by their up and coming album but, its constant Radio play and my friends obsessions have defiantly got to me. It’s a great album to listen to in the car or while doing work, the beat gives you a solid drive!

Last weekend I re-discovered Ed Sheeran’s EP’s on Spotify and fell in love with his music all over again. You can see how his sound has matured from ‘Loose Change’ to ‘+’ and makes me even more determined to see him in October! All of his songs never get old and I can listen to them onto repeat. He also seems like a really nice guy, this obviously has no relation to his musical ability but it makes me like him that much more. His Tweets and Instagram’s are hilarious!


While I was busy downloading new music I also took this opportunity to create and shuffle some of my favourite playlists- never say I do a job half-heartedly- I nearly have a playlist for all occasions.  One of my favourites is my ‘I’m a strong independent women’ playlist- containing power songs from Queen B, Little Mix (‘Move’ is my jam), Taylor Swift, Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry- which is perfect for when indie lyrics are not working their magic and you need a lift to be that sassy women that is inside all of us. Then I have a ‘Movie and Disney playlist’, this just reminds me of school completely with all my friends being Disney whores! Play me Mulan, Lion King or High School Musical and I’m your girl.  Then there is the inevitable ‘Sunset’ playlist, which is perfect for train or bus journeys home, with some nice slow songs for you to reflect including Michael Buble, Adele and Mike Dignam. But, I think my favourite playlist is ‘Soul Sisters’ which is a collection of my favourite songs, most of which from a couple of years ago, that I often forget about because I don’t have a whole album from this artist. I would honestly recommend this to anyone because it’s made me listen to some of my favourite songs regularly! Mine includes Boys Like Girls, My Chemical Romance, Busted, Metro Station, Black Kids and The All-American Rejects.

Then I made a couple of playlists on Spotify consisting of artists like Vance Joy, American Authors and Half Moon Run, so I can listen to their albums before making my opinion of them and the huge commitment of spending my cash. I’ve found this a great and easy way to listen to a ‘new’ artist and is so much easier than YouTube.

Last, but certainly not least, one of my favourite bands, You Me At Six, released their new album today titled ‘Cavalier Youth’. I’ve been listening to it the whole time I’ve been typing this blog post and I’m loving what I’m hearing so everyone go check them out! *winks in a persuasive manor*

When I was falling asleep last night I tried to work out how many hours of music I listen to in a day out of choice ie. Not just randomly in a shop and figure that the minimum amount on an average day is 4 and a half hours. That’s a lot of music and is proof of my obsession; I have songs that remind me of a memory as much as pictures do! What’s your favourite artist or song? Any suggestions of people I should check out?


Peace Out My Lovelies xxx 

1 comment:

  1. I love music as well.
    My favorite singer ever is Justin Vernon, the singer from Bon Iver. He is amazing. I recently went to one of his concerts and I loved it.

    Christina
    http://kissesandflowers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete