Tuesday 4 February 2014

My Bedroom Part 1

My Bedroom Part 1 
My Bedroom Part 2 
This is going to be a two-part post (oh so swarve) because there are stacks of pictures, especially in Part 2. I recently re-decorated my bedroom after planning on doing it for about the last 3 years, so I'm super excited to show my results. Part 1 shall be my old bedroom and Part 2 shall be about new room, with information about where I got all my shizzle from. Also please bare in mind that there are not many detailed pictures of my old room because I took them before I started blogging, with them just meant to be a reminder of my crazy style. 

My old room was basically a combination of my personality and likes because I began to stick up posters, pictures and quotes all over my walls, in order to cover the lilac colour. When it finally came round to decorating my room I did it with a tear in my eye because I loved the craziness that had become embedded in my walls. 



All my furniture is from when I initially decorated my room when I was around 7- hence the lilac- all of which I believe was from Ikea. It was a nightmare to put together if I remember correctly but, is extremely affordable and has lasted through a lot of bangs and heavy clothes. In the left of this picture you can see my jewelry table, which will be more detailed in 'My Bedroom Part 2' as well as, an overall panorama of the main section of my room.    

I created my own statement wall, with a collection of World War II propaganda posters. The History nerd that I am came out in full force and I became obsessed with the fashion trend at the time of 'Keep Calm and Carry On' this was then supported by Godmother who had access to all different type of posters, some more famous than others.  Shown below are some of my favourite posters and as a Historian I have always been interested in how the government motivated people in the war, with them all being extremely clever in their persuasion techniques. 
                                                          


 I love photo's, I have an awful memory, so am obsessed with taking pictures of events so I can remember them forever. So me and my friends, like the cool people we are, all make photo albums. This meant I had loads of pictures left over (the size I print come in double copies). I therefore decided to stick them all on my wall around a massive picture poster that one of my friends got me for my birthday. I believe you can get blown up pictures on posters at most photo shops and they're a lot cheaper than canvas products. Also personally I would much rather a picture from an event that I loved and have a sentimental attachment too- this was from a local music festival- than one from a professional photo shoot. 

Then I have my bookshelf, which is covered with my favorite novels and sentimental bits and bobs such as, the named coke cans (my favorite drink) and little boxes. 
 I had shelves above my bed which had photo frames, cuddly toys and china statues which I had collected from when I was a baby. Naturally I'm a hoarder and because I hadn't had my room decorated in over 10 years I just hadn't thrown anything away. That is one of the big differences in my two rooms- my new room has a lot less clutter! 

All around these shelves I had inspirational quotes from books, films and famous people as well as, little pieces that my friends had made for me such as cards. I also had various photo frames, that I had collected to suit my new room (see the white creep in) which I will give the links of in 'My Bedroom Part 2'. 

I really liked my 'LOVE' statement piece and wish it would suit my new room. Again I got it for my Birthday a couple of years ago and believe it was from somewhere that you wouldn't expect like Tesco's. 

So that was my old room, I really wish I had taken more detailed and zoomed in pictures because so much of it I loved. You'll just have to look really closely at the pictures if you want to see stuff in more detail and feel free to comment if you have any questions or if you know any good room blogs or YouTube videos, because I love gathering inspiration. My Bedroom Part 2 will be up next week, so see you then!                                                                  
                                                                Peace Out My Lovelies xxx 


2 comments: