Saturday 8 February 2014

My Bedroom Part 2

 My Bedroom Part 1 
My Bedroom Part 2 

Welcome back guys and girls for 'My Bedroom Part 2'. You can read 'My Bedroom Part 1' here: http://gilly15.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/my-bedroom-part-1.html, so go have a little look! I'm really excited to show you guys my new room because every morning I wake up and just love it, even though it has been white for months. Also, I haven't completely finished it yet ie. I still don't have a blind- which isn't really a problem at the moment because in England we are rarely seeing the sun, so just bare in mind some sections look a little bare. 

Ok, lets start with the basics! I wanted a plain colour, so I had a base that I could build on through accessories as well, so I wouldn't get bored of the colour in a couple of months time. I started by picking the wall paper, initially I wanted a design like this but, in Duck Egg Blue but, I just couldn't find one that took my fancy. In hindsight I am so pleased that I went with this silver instead, its from Laura Ashley. Therefore, it was kind of pricey but, obviously it's only for small area and it will be up for years so I viewed it as an investment. I then went to a paint shop with the wallpaper where they found a paint which matched the background of the wall paper perfectly. This is great idea if you've got colourful wallpaper and you're trying to pick out a specific colour for paint! 

Perhaps most excitingly I got a DOUBLE BED because my old one broke when we decorated because we kept moving it. If the fact it being a double bed was not exciting enough, it's also a storage bed. This means the mattress flips up and the whole base of the bed is storage. Its so much better than having boxes under your bed because everything is easily accessible and doesn't become dirty. I was in much need of storage space and this bed is seriously life changing.

My bedding is from Sainsbury's and reflects the pattern from the wall paper, being plain white with three little swirly hearts across the top. These are helpfully covered by my pillows. I love quotes so these cushions from Next Home were perfect to encompass my personality into the room. I especially love the back left cream cushion, which has ribbon texture, which is also from Next Home. The silver cushion at the back is then from Matalan
Consequently my desire for my storage space led me to get a new huge bookshelf. This was from Ikea, so led to extreme flap pack furniture but, my mum and I being the strong independent women that we are managed to build it in one evening. The shelf slats are removable meaning you can adjust them to the height you want for whatever you want to put on each shelf, which is seriously handy! 

This is where I have also put some of my more sentimental bits from my old room which I just couldn't bare to get rid of such as particular Teddy Bears and Gifts. 



Continuing in a logical direction, I'll show you my dressing table/desk area. I got a new mirror, which was from The Range, its a similar design to some of the photo frames I have and is that 'French Renaissance' look. The Range has stacks of Mirrors, Artwork and Home ware items for really affordable prices (under £40) so I would defiantly recommend it for someone looking to add a little jazz to a space on a budget. 

The 'Live, Laugh, Love' photo frame is from Matalan, which also has a fabulous Home ware range which I would hundred percent check out! The Large frame is actually 9 varying size frames from Ikea, which I super glued together in a style that I liked; fulfilling my illusion of creativity. 

I then got a lamp because my main light is not bright enough to do some serious studying under. Again this is from The Range and I love how it spreads out light due to the glass sections.

 I have a 'retro' style mini speaker which is from Amazon and really projects the music as well as, having the options of changing the Bass ect. I love the style of just having glass jugs as storage pots, so I got this one from The Range as pencil holder. The small flower patterned cloak is from Sainsbury's. 


In the background you can see a standing face mirror, from Boots (but you can get them from most drug stores) which directly lights up and has a zoomed in side. I would a hundred percent recommend this for anyone and makes it so much easier to apply make up or clean your skin. 

This photo frame, initially from Marks and Spencers for around £40 is perhaps the happiest I have ever been about any purchase. I volunteered at an Oxfam Charity Shop for around two years. M&S donate 'damaged' or last seasons stock to the stores as a collaboration. One month this included this beautiful frame which was slightly damaged on the back (which you can't see because its on the wall) and I got it for the bargain of £4. Charity Shops are a great place to find bargains, though you do have to persistent because they can be very hit and miss. 



I love candles and have them scattered all around my room, mainly on my window ledge and bookshelf. The majority of them are from Sainsburys or Matalan. 

The photo frame on my Window Ledge was a Birthday present and a believe it is from Amazon. 

 I am a magpie when it comes to Jewellery or sparkly objects and therefore have a vast collection. The storage boxes and stands are from Sainsburys, Accessorise and Amazon; being the best way to organize any collection. 

I got given this 'Jewerally' hanger for my Birthday which I believe is from Amazon. Previously all my long and chunky necklaces were hung in my wardrobe. A lot of it still is but, this way I get to show case some of my favourite pieces for the world to see! I also hung some little ornaments off it, including a quote heart and glass shoe. I think little personal touches such as these truly create a room and make it your own. 


So that's my new room, I hope you guys like it as much as I do. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask and if you know any good Blog or YouTube home videos then please let me know because I love to be nosey! 

Peace Out My Lovelies xxx

PS. This weeks blog writing music is 5 Seconds of Summer's new single, She Looks So Perfect: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfWg68IyoAg, so check it out!! As well as, the Six Nations- c'mon England and Ireland 

1 comment:

  1. The wallpaper is so pretty, nice design.
    And I love the lamp. Your bedroom looks really nice.

    Xx Anne
    www.sickchicksblog.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete