Tuesday 31 December 2013

Happy New Year

It’s weird to think that by this time next year everything would have changed. My fundamental day to day life will be different, even in the things that I can control. Hopefully I should be at University; this is what I have always wanted but, for someone who gets anxious with change, it is petrifying. I will no longer be in the comfort of a school I have known inside out for 7 years. I will not have the comfort blanket of seeing my best friends and family every day. I will have taken a dramatic step in becoming an ‘adult’ having moved out of home and planning my future.

That in itself, although scary is amazing to consider what 2014 will hopefully hold for me. But, that is without considering the unpredictably of everyday life. I will make new friends, have arguments, fail assignments, pass assignments, go on holiday and make many more beautiful memories. I already have stacks to look forward to in 2014 but, also so much to fear. It makes me sad when I hear my friends or see people write online that there year has been awful. I am truly grateful that has never been the case for me, sure I’ve had highs and lows but, overall I am extremely lucky.

At my age each year holds complete change. If I reflect on where I was in my life last New Year’s Eve or even the year before, it is mad to consider how much I have grown as a person or see how the things that had petrified me turned out; thankfully for the better. 2014 is going to be a rollercoaster year, I have the ‘biggest exams of my life’, a driving test, my 18th birthday, university, a girls holiday, gigs and living away from home all to consider and that is just the icing on the cake.

 I am not a fan of New Year’s Resolutions because I believe any time of year is perfect for change if it’s going to make you and the people around you feel better.  But, if you’re reflecting on your past and looking towards the future think about where you want to be next New Year and do something to get yourself there. So Happy New Year everyone and let’s hope that we all make many happy memories!


Peace Out my Lovelies xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment