Friday 1 November 2013

Bastille

                Perhaps one of my favourite things in the world is going to gigs. I love the atmosphere and the electricity in the room, with it being one of the view things that I actually get an adrenaline rush from. I always end up thinking about how amazing it must be for the artist to know that everyone in that room is there for them and their music. I think my favourite part is listening to the crowd sing every single word of a song back, carrying the tune and being a small choir of fans. I’m always awe-struck at the sole fact that I have at least one thing in common with every single person in that room.

                I’ve been meaning to write this blog post for weeks but either haven’t had the motivation or time (bad Amy) because earlier this month I saw Bastille at the Cambridge Corn Exchange. I love this venue because it’s small. The crowd is large enough to create a great atmosphere but, it means no matter where you are you’re close to the act.  Bastille were on form as always, smashing every note of every song. Their haunting sound, struck a note with us being treated with some new songs- YAY!
                However, the crowd was perhaps one of the most annoying I’ve ever been in. Now the majority of them I’m sure were lovely people but, I think I ended up being next to some of the most annoying young girls, whom clashed with some of the most boring girls. So it wasn’t perhaps the happiest atmosphere but, don’t worry I did not let that get the better of me! I trooped on and it was an awesome gig.

                So all in all I can confirm from Reading and now that Bastille are remarkable and sound exactly like they do on record. I adore that feeling of looking forward to a gig all week, doing your research, looking up the set list, queuing to go in, standing through the support acts and finally seeing what you’ve been waiting for. Then coming out and realising you have to wait a couple of months until you get to live this experience again. So now I’m left with watching concerts on YouTube, until November when I get to see my boys 5 Seconds of Summer- Woop Woop!  

No comments:

Post a Comment