Sunday 10 November 2013

Nail Art Baby



I am a firm believer in a polished look and I therefore love painting my nails. I feel that even if I go out in leggings and a hoodie, if my nails are unchipped then I can take on the world. But, the majority of the time slapping on a solid colour doesn’t cut it for me, I always love glitter, patterns and uniqueness in everything I do, so I’ve made that apply to my nails through the magic of nail art. I think it’s a great way to subtly distinguish yourself and adds a pop of your own style into every outfit.


I think everyone is capable of nail art, because you don’t need to be good art or imaginative in any shape or form. There is the world of the internet to help you with stacks of ideas on Tumblr, most specifically on Fuck Yeah Nails as well as, PinInterest. It just takes a little time and practice to develop a slightly steady hand and then you’re away.

  It is also a great way to incorporate a festival into your look whether its Christmas, Easter, Halloween, Fireworks or Birthdays. It means you have a constant reminder of the event and have some festive cheer. Obviously you can’t walk around for the whole month of December with a Christmas Jumper on, especially if you’re at school or work but, by painting your nails you can represent.                     

Now people always ask me how I have time to do it but, think how much of a week you spend watching TV or videos online. Now being realistic you’re never just watching that, you’re either on twitter, instragram or doing your homework as well. So why not paint your nails when doing it? I hate just sitting watching the TV so find it an engaging and relaxing way to spend an evening.

So perhaps next time you’re painting your nails, be a little more inventive, even if its adding a strip or a couple of spots to them! 

Peace out my lovelies xxx

PS. Check out my Instagram amygill_96 for more of my nail designs and Ideas, taaa 



3 comments:

  1. Wow your nails look great! I'm not fantastic at nails (can just about manage a coat or two of polish) I'm very tempted to be a little more adventurous after reading your post, thanks.

    Linzylabellevie@blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I paint my nails I always go over the edges but, its easy to remove by peeling it off in the shower or with nail vanish remover, so give it a go x

    ReplyDelete