Tuesday 10 June 2014

Where We Are Tour

Friday night was so wrong yet so very right! I went and watched the biggest boy band in the world, One Direction and to be honest with you it was bloody brilliant. 

I have always had an interest in 1D, I think I'm fascinated by the phenomenon! The boys, fandom and evolution intrigues me. I would love to find out what Niall, Harry, Liam, Louis and Zayn actually feel about their success and now that I'm part of a 'teenage fandom' under 5 Seconds of Summer, I now realise the community created by a common interest in music (when the fandom is being nice) and the pure joy it can bring! 

As you know if you're returning to my blog, I love a live gig! My friends are fans of 1D and I always thought that the atmosphere at their concert would be pretty epic. This combined with the fact that my loves, 5 Seconds of Summer, are the supporting act during the Where We Are Tour meant that on a revision break whim a couple of weeks ago we cracked and bought tickets. 
So let's get crack a lacking on talking about this concert! 5sos get better and better every time I see them, I may be a little biased but I cannot wait until they release their debut self-titled album. In my green standing zone I was the only one going mental for their set, but don't worry guys I did not give up! I danced and sang like there was nobody watching, with it making me so happy that this is the third time I've seen them live since November; especially before they become major, major rock stars! 

The main act, One Direction you cannot fault as performers in my opinion. They know how to work that crowd, hit those notes and make it feel like they are singing those world famous hits directly to you.  For their first stadium tour they did not hold back on the fireworks and confetti cannons, with great staging for the whole crowd to get involved. Their much loved banter between each other and the fans was ever present; to make a pretty fulfilling show on all accounts. 

I'd heard a lot about directioners at concerts but, with a couple of exceptions I was really impressed. The girls around me where calm and respectful, with unnecessary screaming kept to a minimum with them being complete absorbed by the chaps singing.

However, I have to say that the energy of the crowd has been far better at Reading festival and You Me At Six concerts for example. There was dancing and jumping on a couple of tracks but generally everyone seemed to be very focused on videoing the performance or being transfixed by, those lads undeniably beautiful faces. I can completely understand that after paying so much for a ticket that you want to have all the memories to reminisce but, I'm a firm believer in embracing the moment and to fully enjoy a concert you have to party!! 
I am hundred percent pleased that I went Friday night though! It was a brilliant stress relieve and One Direction I think deserve more credit than they get from the outside world! Since the X-Factor they have ultimately conquered the world and worked continuously to get where they are; with their voices improving drastically and their desire to be song writers ever increasing! I'm also stoked that 'when I'm old and grey' I can say that I went to see the biggest boy band of my generation! What's the best concert you've been to and what's your view on 1D? 

Peace Out My Lovelies x 


Track of the week: Friends- Eliza and the Bear 

3 comments:

  1. I saw 1D at BBC Radio 1s Big Weekend in Glasgow and I thought they were kinda underwhelming - I had loved them for ages but they didn't really seem to want to be there. I enjoyed it all the same though, even though my friend and I got hit by a bottle that Harry Styles threw into the crowd! I am so envious that you got to see 5SOS they are just perfect ughhhhgh! I'm glad you enjoyed yourself! :D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting! I have to give credit to the 1D boys at their own show I do think they did perform in their 'we're to cool to be in a boy band fashion' perfectly!! Though they will never have anything on the 5sos lads in my eyes haaha, I'm so upset that I was unable to get any tickets for their tours xx

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete