Wednesday 4 June 2014

The end of an era






















Hey guys, did you miss me? Didn't notice I was gone? Thought so, don't worry I'll forgive you 

It's been a busy and transformative couple of weeks in my life. I have officially left school. Writing that sentence actually terrifies me, it makes it way to official. After 7 years of education in the same school it's finally all over. Yes, I have to go in for my last couple of exams but, there shall be no more bus journeys, form time banter, lunch songs or lessons. It's an end of an era in every sense, I'll see my friends a lot still but, it's sad to know that I won't see most people  who I've spent everyday with again. Y'know those people who you just chat to because they're in your lessons or you see them in the lunch queue and sometimes that was the best bit of school! Chatting to people outside your friendship group who had different personalities and attitudes but, who you could connect with about something for those couple of minutes.

And for some reason I think everyone realised that leaving school meant that the end of our little community. In the last week of school we bonded and became closer all over again. The separate groups and cliques came together to celebrate, whether we like it or not, the institution and people that have nurtured us from children into young adults. (whoo that sounds deep) We had pranks, BBQ's, pub crawls and parties to start of the celebrations that will continue long after exams have finished. 

Prank 1: People bought a real life living chicken and put it in our head of years office.* 
Prank 3: Over 2000 post-it notes stuck to the whole sixth form corridor and the movement of furniture.
I think I'll miss the safety net of going to school everyday; the constant routine, everyone knowing you, everyone understanding you- yes there are times when it was god awful but overall I loved school! I ignore when people tell you that school is the best time of your life because if you grow up with that attitude you never aim to be better but, to be honest I don't mind if this was the best time of my life because I had a blast doing it! 

Peace out my lovelies xxx

Song of the week: Lonely Girl- Tonight Alive 
 * No chickens were harmed during the prank, she had food and water the whole time and has actually gone to a nicer home than were she was from. 


No comments:

Post a Comment